Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 2: "Last Days of Brother Ray"

The text has some really interesting points, it talks about the last days of Ray Charles but not as it would normally be written, the author writes about him with inside knowledge because he was one of Ray's friends by the time he was diagnosed with liver cancer. At the beginning of the reading, David describes how he slowly became part of Ray's life but he also describes the way he authored his first book which uncovered everything unknown about Ray's life. He describes everything with such precision that he slowly begins to feel more secure on himself, a little like Ray.
One phrase from Ray that inspired me reads: "No one was going to do shit for me." up until now, I have lived that experience since a couple years ago I had to take care of myself on my own, I learned to be scared of the world at an early age and now, I see things differently, I feel like I want to succeed but first, I need to know that I am here on my own and sooner or later, regardless of the reasons, I will be back on my own. So, now is a good day to start thinking on the future and begin to be self sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment