In this reading I really liked the fact that it explains the real origins of rap. during the reading, I saw a couple of facts that I was really interested on, one of which said that "The "call and response" principle that continued to be so prevalent in gospel, funk, and rap can be directly traced t regions of Africa where slaves originated" I think it is very direct the way that the author states that slavery was originated in Africa. In my opinion, Africa was not the place where slavery was originated, but rather the place where the natives were turned into slaves when they were taken out of their mainland. I really think that the complete idea the author has of slavery is wrong, just in that one sentence I can say that the text was not really thought through.
On the other end, it is very interesting that the reading talks about the origin of rap as something connected to gospel, I think is very interesting that nowadays rap can be connected to gospel. I also find interesting the fact that the origin of rap was actually on the slavery fields where the slaves sang gospel and included small verses that were almost impossible to decode but that contained messages to other slaves to let them know of plans to escape. Rap has history and it is some history!
No comments:
Post a Comment